Saturday, February 7, 2009

Rag Rug

First off, Thanks Theresa for the scraps! I used to make these back in highschool and middle school, but seeing as how I now have more time, I thought I would give it a shot. You can use any fabric really, I normally go to a second hand store, buy at least two sheets (queen or king), cut out the corners and the edges off. Cut the strips into 1 3/4 inch or so. Tear into strips. Some sew the strips together I just make little cuts into the ends (am I making any sense at all??) Okay okay fold the end of the strip over and cut a little slit, that way when you unfold it you have a little hole. Pull the strip through itself, its not a knot. I'm not making any sense. Anyways! Then you crochet the rug using the largest hook you can, it's blue. If you really want to know how to link the strip together, just give me a call :)


No comments: