Monday, October 5, 2009

Crib to the bedding!!

BEFORE
AND...
........
AFTER!
When I got pregnant with my son, we have moved 3 times! I knew since we weren't home owners that I would never get to paint the baby's room like I always dreamed. I generally knew I was going to have a Boise State nursery. His bedding from "before" was darling, my sister in law so graciously gave it to me, and she found in on clearance at K Mart for less that $10.00!

All I did, was cover what he had! I made a GIANT tube to cover the bumper, then added ribbon for the ties. I redid the ruffle skirt, ruffly, as you can see, I just measured the fabric twice as long as what I need, and pinned accordingly. (EXAMPLE: it was supposed to be 51 long, so I did it 102 inches long, and ever inch or two I would pin a fold) I just bought the sheets, they match the ribbon and the manly poka dots on the orange fabric. I am still working on the quilt, I just don't have the needle you use to tie a quilt, and since my son is sick, it will be a few days.