Thursday, October 1, 2009

TUTU!

First off I don't suggest you dress your son's in tutu's. He's being a model for our niece.
Depending on how puffy and full you want your tu tu, I used about 3-4 yards of each color.
Now tulle can be a pain in the butt to cut, so I fold fold fold fold, that way I just make a quick cut into strips about 2 inches wide.
Like so
Buy an elastic band, measure to the waist, and sew the ends together.
fold the strip in half, hold the "bend" on your right hand, and the tails in your left hand.
Put the fold and tails underneath the elastic waist. Like so
Pull the tails through the "bend" or fold in the fabric.
Keep doing this over and over and over and over again, til you fill up the elastic strip
Should look fantastic. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I am making one for McKenna tonight and me tomorrow. For our Halloween costumes. Can't wait!!!

erica said...

i LOVE this!!!