Monday, March 1, 2010

Sheek Canvas Decor

I saw this idea in a craft magazine about 4 years ago, tore our the page and kept it for a rainy day. I knew it wouldn't be hard to do, just never decided on what colors I wanted...never had canvas lying around...you get my point.

Supplies:
Canvas any size(as man as you want, I could only afford 4)
Spray paint, color is your choice
Scrapbook paper cut to the size of your canvas
Mod Podge, I would use Matte finish

1. Spray paint your canvas, don't worry as much about covering the middle, just make sure the edges don't have white showing through.

2. Cut your paper size according to your canvas. I would do it just a titch smaller than the canvas (Example 8x10 canvas measure 9 3/4 x 7 3/4, which I didn't do...so I learned!)

3. Paint a thin layer of mod podge to your canvas, then using a card (gift, id, debit) smooth out all bubbles. I suck at this, just saing, my poka dot one needs re-done.

4. Is it dry? Add a layer on the top including the edges where the spray paint was...try not to spill it on your counter tops GRRRR.

5. I added probably 2-3 layers, not sure why, but that's what I did, and then you are done! I am just waiting til we move somewhere else to hang them.

WAAA LAAA!

1 comment:

erica said...

I am DEFINITELY doing this! They would be especially cute in Kenzie's room . . . if she had a room other than the living room :) One day . . . and when it comes, I'll be ready with cute canvas decor!